After Sinus Surgery
- Treat with ice for the first 24 hours, 20 minutes on/ 20 minutes off.
- No nose blowing. Cough or sneeze with your mouth open. Continue this until your surgeon directs you otherwise.
- Nosebleeds are normal and may occur for several days following surgery.
- Treat by leaning head back, and direct pressure.
- Some drainage from the nose and mouth are normal, just wipe away.
- Don’t be alarmed by the presence of small bone granules.
- Severe cheek swelling is also normal following this procedure. If the eyes swell shut, please call our office.
- Use over the counter Sudafed or Claritin D for 1 week.